Past Tense – Basic English Grammar
Let’s Have A Look On Examples:
- I got injured in 2009.
- I lived in the United States for 5 years.
- I wish if you were here.
- If I was there, I would not let you go.
- I would have agreed if she has asked.
Past Tense Are Further Categorized Into 4 Parts:
- Simple Past
- Past Progressive
- Past Perfect; and
- Past Perfect Progressive
1. Simple Past
The simple past tense is formed by adding -ed onto the end of a regular verb however, irregular verb forms have to be memorized.
She got married last year.
I took my IAS Exam a few years back.
- For Negative Sentences use ‘Did’ Not before the first for of the verb.
- For Interrogative Sentences (Questions) use ‘Did’ before the Subject.
I didn’t check my phone
Why did Alisa go to the hospital?
Did he remember your name?